Day 37 & 38 – February 6 & 7
Day 37’s post was going to be super late. Since the two days were related, it made sense to lump them into one post. For the past two days I’ve been working on turning some old moving boxes into good-looking storage boxes for our in-progress toy library. I used two tutorials to make the boxes. I used this tutorial to cover up the outside of the boxes. Initially, I didn’t bother with white glue and was just using the spray glue for the whole project. But I discovered that the spray glue wasn’t holding as well, so I broke out the Mod Podge, and that seemed to work much better. I wasn’t going to make basket liners since the boxes would just be filled with toys, but in the end, I decided that liners would look much better. The liner tute is here.
This was a remarkably easy project to do. Covering the outside of the box was super easy, since it didn’t involve any sewing. The basket liners were easy, as well, but it wasn’t as quick as the outside. All in all, it took me about 4 hours to get 6 boxes done. I’m pretty happy with how they turned out. Now, to see how well the toy library works out!