Day 165 & 166 – June 4 & 5
June 4 – A few months ago, I decided to try my hand at DIY house cleaners. Some worked well, and some were a total bust. Mopping solution was one that worked quite well. But, for some reason, I never bookmarked the recipe, so every time, it was a new one. Fortunately, they all work pretty well. Today I found and pinned this collection of recipes. I used the one that called for dish soap, vinegar, and water. Super easy to make, made the floors feel nice and clean. I think next time I’ll add some essential oils to cut the vinegar smell, which was kind of strong.
June 5 – This summer, I plan on going to the park several times a week and going swimming at least once a week. As you can imagine, schlepping enough pool gear for myself and 3 babes requires a large bag. I found and pinned this tutorial by Tasha from Creation Corner and decided this would be my pool bag, with a few changes: I added a waterproof liner, and made pockets on both sides.
This bag was basically free to make: the outer fabric came from freecycle, the liner was an old shower curtain, and I used an old Illini t-shirt for the pockets. It was really quite easy to make. Even with adding the liner, it took me maybe 1.5 hours from cutting to finish. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. I really love how the pockets are on the outside . . makes it easy to access things like books, sunscreen, etc. I do wish that I would have made the bottom of the bag wider . . . 5 inches is just not very much. So, I think I’m going to make 3 little waterproof bags for the babes to carry their suits and swim robes in, and I’ll use the giant bag for all of the gear.
Stuffed and ready to hit the pool!